Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Years Promises

After a year defined largely- disappointingly- by stagnancy, I choose to make waves in 2011. For the first time, in 2010, I had a full time job that kept me grounded- like fog at an airport, to borrow a line from one Jay Pritchett. It was a year to learn patience and discipline. It was a year to learn how to sit still after a decade of travel and spontaneity that came to define how I see myself and my life. It was a year to see myself in a completely different light. You see, I come from a long line of women who do what they want. Women who travel- alone if they feel like it. Women who take control of their finances and relationships and live proactively and intentionally. Women who fiercely love and daily choose- but do not need- their men. Women who do not, unless they are sacrificing for their families, sit still. To satisfy the part of me that needed adventure and something to chase after, I bought a house. I love my house. I love that I get to prove to myself that I can handle it. I have no desire whatsoever to deny the gypsy in me just because I have roots, though. I am thoroughly over sitting still.

2011, we're gonna move around. I begin this year with a promise to myself: I will not be anything other or less than who I am. I will live truthfully, give generously, and create ruthlessly.

let's do this thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment