Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Morning Mercies

Good morning, all!

Cursed alarm brought me to life this morning. I wish I had the gift of waking with the sunrise (although my mother would swear it's a curse), but I'm certain the whole process would be far less agonizing if it could just... happen. My hotel (the 6th place I've come home to in 10 days... whew!) has a full kitchen so I stocked up for my last three days yesterday and am enjoying breakfast and worship music ce matin. Delightful.

Also studying for the French quiz that I will most certainly suffer through this morning. Fortunately the reality that these are my LAST days has not quite sunk in and my head is still, proverbially, in the game.

Life is good. Life is truly very good. Before you think "the lady doth protest too much" let me just remind you that I have a hotel room to myself, a family to come home to this Friday, the love of my life waiting on me, food in my belly, Jesus on my mind, and my favorite old sweatshirt on my me. Heavenly.

Gammy shared the most precious thoughts with me yesterday. "You are not fragmented. Your situation is very fragmented, but your base is strong and firm, your faith is solid, you are taken care of, and the "Daryn" in you is still whole." :) I'm a gypsy this week and last; in and out of hotel rooms, friend's houses, some parts of my life have fallen gloriously to pieces, there is still one more bed waiting for me before I make it home, and much of my worldly possessions are in the trunk of my car. Fragmented, indeed. But I am happy, healthy, and whole. Thank you, Gammy, for the reminder.

Off to throw myself together and hit ACC Riverside.

Over and out!

-D

2 comments:

  1. Your Grammy rocks - not at all surprising. I'm THRILLED you're blogging and I'll grab your feed to prove it. I hope you'll reconsider Facebook as a friendly place to visit and keep in touch with folks - a compliment to this blog! Blessings my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And know that your brother & sis love you very much! :)

    ReplyDelete