Tuesday, November 10, 2009

New York

I came to NYC last Friday to visit ReAnna, so I apologize for my absence. Brandon decided to come up at the last minute, as well, so we spent the weekend together up here and I must say I love him in New York. We saw Oleanna with Bill Pullman and Julia Stiles and it thrilled my little heart to see that production. The semester that I worked on and performed in that show at Lee was one of the most challenging and rewarding of my college career. To see it on Broadway was a real treat. To share it with B was a treasure. We also saw the new musical, Memphis, and it filled us up with soul. We revisited the little Italian restaurant, Grano Trattoria, that my family and I discovered nearly 5 years ago on a trip up here and we rode the carousel in Central Park like a couple of kids.

It's been so nice to spend time with ReAnna after nearly two years apart. We've both grown and changed in the last two years, but we picked up right where we left off. My inner circle of girlfriends are so special to me because I have that kind of relationship with each of them. They're scattered across the globe, quite literally, but I know that I'm connected to them in a deep way that transcends geography. Thank God for them.

I have more to write. Much more. But I also have to get to the Opera, and that won't wait. I've only been to the opera once, and it was a very small one in Lucca, Italy. I know virtually nothing about the opera, but I'm thrilled to be going. THRILLED!

-D

No comments:

Post a Comment